Call For Demos
The 26th Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet, and Networks (ICIN 2023) invites proposals for research prototype demonstrations. ICIN focuses on leading-edge investigations into Internet technologies from basic networking and cloud services to novel architectures. It offers a unique opportunity to showcase applications, engage with a highly skilled audience and discuss emerging technologies and recent research prototypes with domain experts.
We are seeking original demos from industry and academic researchers related to ICIN 2023 key topics.
The topics considered include (but are not limited to):
- 5G/6G Networks (Extended coverage, service trustworthiness, cooperative models, zero-touch networks)
- Softwarization/Virtualization (SDN/NFV, Cloud and Edge Computing)
- Edge-to-cloud continuum and distributed network intelligence for vertical industries
- Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning for networks
- Networks for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Network Telemetry and automation
- Digital Twins Networks: challenges, application scenarios and solutions
- Security, Trust, and Privacy
Authors are expected to submit a demo proposal of 3 pages in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. The proposal should also describe in detail what ICIN 2023 attendees will experience during the demonstration. Further, we encourage software demos that the audience can interact with.
Peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops’ proceedings bundle provided to ICIN 2023 attendees and will be subsequently submitted to IEEEXplore. The demo proposals will be approved based on the availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Extent and significance of the research contribution
- Potential impact on the audience
- Quality of the proposed implementation
- Presentation quality
We encourage authors to include a short video (less than 5 minutes) of their demonstration to clearly illustrate the user experience and demo scenario.
Demo papers should be submitted through the EDAS entry of ICIN 2023, selecting Demo Paper Track: https://edas.info/N29708. Only PDF files will be accepted.
At least one author of each accepted demo is required to register for the ICIN 2023 main conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session(s).
The proposal may be complemented with additional documents like PowerPoint slides that clarify the demonstration, as well as the list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, additional equipment, etc.).
These additional documents should be sent directly to the Demo co-chairs via e-mail.
Important Dates for Demo Papers:
Demo paper submission deadline:
December 15th, 2022 January 15th, 2023
December 22th, 2022 January 24rd, 2023
Camera-ready paper submission:
January 23rd, 2023 January 31st, 2023
Please feel free to contact the demo co-chairs if you have any questions regarding the demo content or setup:
- Barbara Martini (Universitas Mercatorum, Italy) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zhang Tianwei (NTU, Singapore) email@example.com