21st Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN 2018)
|Prosper ChemouilGeneral Co-Chair(Orange Labs, France)||Bruce MaggsGeneral Co-Chair(Duke University and Akamai, USA)|
|Laurent CiavagliaTPC Co-Chair(Nokia Bell Labs, France)||Rahim TafazolliTPC Co-Chair(University of Surrey, UK)|
It is our great pleasure to welcome you the 21st International Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN 2018), which is being held on 20-22 February 2018 in Paris, France.
ICIN, established in 1989 and praised for the richness of its social networking, is widely recognized for its continuous adaptation to emerging technical trends, attracting numerous industry and academic players. 2018 is the year of coordinated 5G deployment across all EU Member States, targeting early network introduction, and moving towards commercial large-scale introduction by the end of 2020 at the latest. As such, the main theme for ICIN 2018 is “5G Network Architecture and Solutions: Are We Ready?”
This year’s conference will foster a rich program combining novel approaches and advanced technical solutions, as well as experimental validation and proofs of concepts. ICIN 2018 will feature:
- Two Keynote Presentations – sharing visions and experiences of Industry leaders on the deployment of 5G networks and services with talks on Dynamic service parameter negotiation in the 5G Era by Christian Jacquenet (Orange Labs), and Challenges in validating 5G by Pierre Lynch (Ixia Solutions).
- Eight Technical Sessions – providing the latest advances in their respective field, based on peer-reviewed papers.
- One Panel Session – igniting a lively debate on the viewpoints from our expert panelists on the success factors for 5G networks today and tomorrow.
- One Invited Session – on 5G, are we on the right track?, addressing issues which are yet to be solved.
- Three-day Demo Sessions – featuring proofs-of-concepts on a diverse set of technologies (IoT, SDN/NFV, CDNs…) and early demonstrations showcasing 5G implementations.
- Two Workshops – focusing respectively on network reliability (DRCN 2018) and on network intelligence (NI 2018).
- Two Tutorials – offering education on respectively MP-TCP and SDN/NFV, for keeping up with the hot topics key to today's engineering and technology environment.
We are delighted to organize ICIN 2018 in Paris, France’s unique capital city which has, needless to say, a lot to offer in various ways. The conference is being held in Orange Gardens, the eco-friendly campus of Orange for Innovations, Technologies and Marketing. We are looking forward to making your participation in ICIN 2018 a memorable experience, from both professional and personal perspectives.
We are grateful to the many people who have been deeply involved in ICIN 2018: first, we acknowledge the numerous contributions of authors who submitted papers and demos. Second, we thank the Organizing Committee members who each committed to run a part of the conference, the TPC members and reviewers who provided guidance in the topics of the event and allowed us to set up an excellent technical program, Noël Crespi and the IAB members for their continuous support and the workshop organizers who helped us nicely complementing the conference technical program. Our special thanks go to Ning Wang who contributed to the set-up of the technical program, Amina Boubendir for co-organizing the invited session, Elia Kallas for reactively maintaining the website and, above all to Aziza Lounis, for her dedication in all aspects of the conference.
Last but not least, we are grateful to our patrons for their generosity: Gandi, Nokia and Orange, as well as the supporting organizations: IEEE ComSoc, IFIP TC6, and ACM SIGMOBILE.
Join us now to discuss the latest advances before 5G deployment.
Welcome to Paris and enjoy ICIN 2018.