1st workshop on 6G Network Use Cases and Verticals Workshop
Scope: The “6G Network Use Cases and Verticals Workshop” offers a unique platform for researchers, professionals, and experts to immerse themselves in the realm of 6G networks. This workshop is dedicated to exploring the boundless possibilities and challenges presented by 6G technology across various industries. We invite contributions that shed light on innovative use cases, delve into architectural intricacies, and address security, privacy, and ethical considerations in the context of 6G networks. Furthermore, we aim to investigate spectrum allocation, infrastructure needs, regulatory aspects, and the integration of AI, machine learning, and cloud-native technologies. In this workshop, participants can also share strategies for effective network management and orchestration.
- Explore Innovative Use Cases and Challenges: Encourage comprehensive analyses of industry-specific applications, from healthcare to agriculture, enabled by 6G networks.
- Discuss Technical Intricacies and Architectural Components: Foster in-depth discussions on the unique features and principles of 6G network architecture.
- Address Security, Privacy, and Ethical Considerations: Provide a platform to tackle the heightened security and privacy challenges in 6G networks, along with ethical implications.
- Investigate Spectrum Allocation, Infrastructure, and Regulations: Explore strategies for efficient spectrum allocation, robust infrastructure development, and navigating regulatory frameworks.
- Explore AI and Machine Learning Integration: Examine the synergy between 6G and AI/ML for real-time decision-making and network optimization.
- Examine Cloud-Native Technologies and Applications: Investigate the integration of cloud-native technologies and their applications across various verticals in 6G networks.
- Share Strategies for Network Management and Orchestration: Facilitate the sharing of innovative approaches for managing and orchestrating complex 6G network infrastructures.
Topic of Interest: Authors are solicited to contribute to the workshop by submitting articles that illustrate research results, projects, surveying works and industrial experiences that describes significant advances in the following areas, but are not limited to:
- 6G Network Architecture
- Vertical-Specific Use Cases
- Security and Privacy
- 6G testbeds and applications.
- Spectrum and Infrastructure
- AI and Machine Learning Integration
- Regulatory and Ethical Considerations
- Emerging Cloud-Native Vertical and Network Applications
- Network Management and Orchestration
- Network Virtualization and Distributed Computing Architectures for 6G
- Challenge and opportunities in the deployment of 6G networks
Technical Program Committee:
Dr. Hamzeh Khalili, CTTC, Spain
Dr. Engin Zeydan, CTTC, Spain
Dr. Josep Mangues-Bafalluy, CTTC, Spain
Dr. Pouria Sayyad Khodashenas, Huawei, Sweden
Dr. Ehsan Ebrahimi Khaleghi, Airbus Defense and Space, France
Dr. David Rincon Rivera, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
Dr. Madhusanka Liyanage, University College Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Suayb Arslan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Dr. Abdullah Aydeger, Florida Institute of Technology, USA
Dr. S. Mahdi Darroudi, Neutroon Technologies S.L., Spain
Submission Guidelines: Technical papers can be up to 8 pages (Full papers) and 5 pages (Short papers), including tables, figures, and references. All submissions will undergo a peer-review process conducted by experts in the field.
- Paper Submission Deadline: December 21, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: January 15, 2024
- Camera Ready: January 22, 2024
- Workshop Date: March 11, 2024
Accepted papers will be included in the workshop proceedings and may be considered for publication in related journals or special issues.
How to Submit:
Please submit your papers via the workshop submission portal: https://edas.info/N31689
For inquiries and additional information, please contact email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in shaping the future of 6G networks and their transformative potential across research and industries. Submit your papers by December 21, 2023, and be part of a collaborative journey towards the next generation of connectivity.
This workshop was supported in part by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO)—Program UNICO I+D funded by (grants TSI-063000-2021-54 and -55) and (grants TSI-063000-2021-56 and 57), by Grant PID2021-126431OB-I00 funded by MCIN/AEI/ 10.13039/501100011033 and by “ERDF A way of making Europe”.